If you are a bit overweight or obese in New York City and looking for an affordable, cheap or almost free way to lose weight, under the care of an obesity medicine fellowship trained obesity medicine without surgery, you may want to consider the unique W8MD’s limited acceptance insurance physician weight loss program in NYC.
As our medical director, weight loss doctor, Dr. Prab R. Tumpati is one of the few physicians with a fellowship training in the new field of Obesity Medicine, and since we are one of the very few physician medical weight loss programs willing to accept health insurance, with top results, and 5 star reviews, we believe that we are one of the best weight loss programs in New York City. In fact, our patients come from far and near including some other states!
Physician Supervised Medical Weight Loss Is The Safest!
As the epidemic of obesity and overweight continues its march in America with so much misinformation, with 20,000 books written on this topic and yet there is so much confusion, it takes a doctor trained in this field to lose weight fast and safe!
How can W8MD Weight Loss Center in NYC Help?
- W8MD is a physician supervised, non-surgical medical weight loss and wellness program that accepts most health insurances for the physician visits. Unlike the many “cash only” weight loss clinics, w8md bills the insurance for the visits so you do not have to pay our of pocket.
- We offer inexpensive, individualized insurance based weight loss plan with all of the right ingredients.
- a loss of between 2-5 pounds a week with nutritious, easy to prepare, pre-portioned, low-glycemic food.
- a consultation, under the guidance of Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, founder of W8MD medical weight loss centers of America, with significant experience in treating obesity, its associated conditions and a wide variety of sleep disorders.
- instruction on nutritional programs teaching you:
- about metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance and whether you are at risk.
- the proper amount of low glycemic foods you should be eating on a daily basis to fit your needs.
- how often, and the proper times you should be eating during the day.
- the correct food combination of protein, fats and carbohydrates.
Located on the Second Floor at 2003 Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11214, we are also a a state of the art; 6 bed comprehensive sleep diagnostic and wellness center.
718-946-5500 is the number to call to set up a consultation today. Most insurances are accepted or if not, a consultation is only $90.00. What have you got to lose except those extra unwanted pounds?
Insulin is the key hormone for fat gain and loss. After you eat carbohydrates, your blood sugar levels will increase. It is the insulin’s job to push the glucose into the cells where it is used for energy. Insulin also helps muscles, fat and liver cells store sugar that can be released when it is needed. Each cell surface has insulin receptors which act like little doors that open and close to regulate the amount of blood sugar allowed to flow in.
If the body takes in too much simple sugars found in carbohydrates, the cells are bombarded with so much insulin that the “doors” begin to malfunction and shut down. If the doors aren’t open, the pancreas feels the need to produce even more insulin to push into the cells because it cannot perform its function to lower sugar levels tending to leave the insulin floating in the blood stream. A vicious cycle is now in place resulting in a condition called Insulin resistance which inhibits our fat cells from giving up their stores of energy to let us lose weight.
Metabolic Syndrome is a cluster of conditions including high blood pressure, high blood sugar levels, excess body fat, especially “belly fat” or abnormal cholesterol levels; which, when they occur together, increase your risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
Having only one of these conditions doesn’t mean that you have metabolic syndrome. However, any of these conditions will increase your risk of serious disease. If more than one of these conditions occur in combination, your risk is even greater.
If you have metabolic syndrome or any of the components of metabolic syndrome, aggressive lifestyle changes can delay or even prevent the development of many serious health problems.
Our weight loss center in NYC is unique in many ways
- We are one of the very few weight loss centers in NYC to accept most health insurances for physician weight loss visits
- Our weight loss physicians in NYC are well trained in the new field of obesity medicine dealing with medical weight loss
- We address both weight loss and sleep disorders as conclusive evidence shows bidirectional relationship between these two
- We use both traditional weight loss medications and the latest FDA approved weight loss medications for fast weight loss results under medical supervision
- Our delicious and affordable meal replacement protein shakes, protein bars and other low calorie weight loss supplements can help reduce the calories to help burn fat to lose weight
- Our biweekly weight loss program administrative cost of $45.00 includes up to two weight loss medications
- Our weight loss results and weight loss testimonials in NYC are one of the best in the area!
Call 718-946-5500 to make an appointment or for more information about our weight loss program in NYC. Think w8md for weight loss!