Our NYC physician weight loss program offers the following:
- evidence based weight loss, not a fad diet
- a weight loss plan to not only help you lose weight but also keep the weight off over the long run once you reach your weight loss goal
- we offer guidance on how to develop healthier eating and physical activity habits
- our weight loss program in NYC also offers ongoing feedback, monitoring, and support
- we believe in slow and steady weight loss
- delicious and affordable W8MD very low-calorie diets (up to 800 calories per day) to promote rapid weight loss
- FDA approved weight loss prescription medications or diet pills when appropriate
- we accept most health insurances for weight loss physician visits
- we address complex metabolic, nutritional, sleep, hormonal and other factors causing your weight gain
*Weight loss doctor in NYC
What are the options for losing weight with insurance in New York City?
If you are trying to lose some weight quickly and effectively in the city of New York and looking for a weight loss program that accepts all major insurances for losing weight – you are at the right place.
Did you know that all health insurances are mandated by law to provide coverage for weight loss services by the 2010 Affordable Care Act?
Medicare approved coverage for *weight loss physician visits and intensive behavior therapy for eligible patients.
Medicare realizes the potential benefits of losing even a small amount of body weight on the overall health of its beneficiaries. As a major insurance carrier providing coverage for over 42 million American seniors, Medicare pays for obesity screening for all adults irrespective of their weight and intensive behavioral therapy for those that meet certain criteria as noted below.
Medicare patients and obesity
About a third of Medicare recipients, are obese, as are over 72 million Americans with an estimated obesity related costs of $325 billion a year.
As per the CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) decision summary, obese Medicare beneficiaries with a body mass index of 30 or higher can see a weight loss physician for one face-to-face visit every week for the first month. From 2nd month onwards, Medicare will pay for one face-to-face visit every other week for the next five months.
How much weight should one lose as a minimum in 6 months for continued weight loss insurance coverage per Medicare?
Surprisingly, you only need to lose as little as 3 kg (6.6 lbs.) over the first six months for Medicare to continue to pay for an additional six months of once-a-month face-to-face visits with the doctor.
Other major insurances including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, GHI, HIP, Fidelis, Cigna, 1199, Magnacare etc. all cover weight loss physician visits for eligible patients who are either overweight or obese with certain limitations.
W8MD medical weight loss centers unique insurance physician weight loss program in NYC
As we only accept about 10 new patients a week in our insurance physician weight loss program, the demand is high and acceptance is limited. You can reserve your appointments using our online appointment system in seconds so you can reserve you slot.
Unlike the many “expensive cash only weight loss clinics”, weightMD (W8MD) works with most health insurances for the physician visits so you can lose weight safely and effectively under careful, specially trained weight loss doctor.
About our weight loss doctor
Our medical director, Prab R. Tumpati is one of the few weight loss physicians that understand that weight gain has many complex factors and not necessarily the individuals fault.
As a board certified internal medicine physician, with additional education and training in the new field of obesity medicine, Dr Tumpati can address any primary care or preventive care issues in addition to helping you lose weight in NYC.
Since over 50 different medical problems are directly or indirectly related to weight gain, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can reduce the risk of most major health problems by as much as 40-50% including reduced risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, stroke, sleep apnea, high blood pressure and can even improve longevity!
Sleep Disorders and weight gain
There is increasing amount of research that points to the bidirectional relationship between sleep disorders and weight gain. Having realized this, Dr Tumpati is also board certified sleep medicine physician and is the medical director of the sleep diagnostic and treatment center at Sleep Medical Associates sleep and W8MD weight loss center in New York City
Our cash discounted weight loss consultations start from $110.00 for losing weight in NYC. Compared to some of the other programs with steep weight loss doctor consultation visits, W8MD’s physician weight loss program is one of the most affordable and lowest cost weight loss program for losing weight in New York City!
Dr. Tumpati makes each person feel special. I would highly recommend him to anyone that is serious about not only losing weight but improving their overall health , gaining knowledge about their bodies and nutrition and developing a healthier lifestyle. – Patricia, verified weight loss patient on Patient Fusion
- New York City’s Best Weight Loss Program (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- Medicare weight loss (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- How to lose weight fast in NYC? (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- How to choose the correct diet for you? (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- What is body mass index (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- how to lose weight safely in New York City (nycmedicalweightloss.com)
- Weight Loss NYC (nycmedicalweightloss.com)
- Very Low Calorie Diets For Weight Loss (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- Best way to lose weight in New York City? (nycmedicalweightloss.com)
Related weight loss articles for losing weight in New York City
- 52 weeks of weight loss & wellness youtube channel
- Mistakes to avoid for losing weight in New York City
What is wrong with our diet?
Insurance coverage for losing weight in New York City
Science of weight loss
How can W8MD help me lose weight?