How big is the problem of obesity in Pennsylvania
State Population of Pennsylvania
- Estimated Total Population 2010(1) = 12,702,379
- Adults age 18 and over(2)
= 78.0% of the total population in 2010
- Youth under 18 years of age(1)
= 22.0% of the total population in 2010
Obesity rate in Pennsylvania
As per the obesity data in 2010, approximately 36.6% of PA adults (18+) are considered overweight vs. 36.2% nationally while about 29.2% are obese vs. 27.6 % nationally, making Pennsylvania one of the fatter states in the US.
Overweight rates in Pennsylvania
- 65.0% were overweight(obese and overweight combined), with a Body Mass Index of 25 or greater.
- 28.6% were obese, with a Body Mass Index of 30 or greater.
- Dietary Behaviors
- 35.5% of adults reported having consumed fruits at the recommended level of 2 or more times per day.
- 25.1% of adults reported having consumed vegetables at the recommended level of 3 or more times per day.
- Overweight and Obesity in adolescents in Pennsylvania
- 15.9% were overweight (≥ 85th and < 95th percentiles for BMI by age and sex, based on reference data)
- 11.8% were obese (≥95th percentile BMI by age and sex, based on reference data)
Medical conditions related to obesity
Obesity-related conditions include heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer
Obesity in the city of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which is home to more than 1.5 million residents has an overweight percent of 67.9% of adults and about 41% of youth aged 6-17.
- About 70% of youth in North Philadelphia, the majority of whom are black or Hispanic, are overweight or obese, which is nearly double the obesity and overweight rate for youth in the United States.
How can the W8MD’s Pennsylvania *weight loss centers help?
As one of the few medical weight loss programs in greater Philadelphia area to work with most health insurances for weight loss physician visits, W8MD’s greater Philadelphia physician weight loss programs are one of a kind weight loss programs to lose weight safely under medical supervision!
W8MD weight loss center locations
Wayne (King Of Prussia weight loss) PA
With no setup fees, no mandatory products, losing weight has Never been easier.
Poly-Tech Sleep & W8MD’s King Of Prussia Weight Loss Center
987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 (King of Prussia)
Our farthest patient for help losing weight comes from Delaware! Testimonials
2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214.
Our farthest weight loss patient comes from Dallas, Texas! Testimonials
Weight loss doctors