Although Manhattan is the leanest of the five boroughs in the city of New York, it has its share of the overweight or obese. While some may need to lose a lot of weight to get to their goal, some others may only need to lose the last few pounds.
Losing weight in Manhattan, NYC
Unfortunately, the last few pounds are the hardest to lose. If you are looking for an evidence based medical weight loss program in Manhattan that is inexpensive and affordable, you may want to consider the popular W8MD(pronounced W’eight’MD).
Obesity in NYC
Definitions of obesity and overweight status
Being overweight or obese is a relative term. In general, if your weight is higher than what is considered normal for your height, and age, you are considered overweight. The simplest way to measure if a person is overweight or obese is to check the Body Mass Index or BMI.
- BMI of <18.5, is within the underweight range.
- BMI of 18.5 to <25, is within the normal range.
- BMI of 25.0 to <30, is within the overweight range.
- BMI of 30.0 or higher, is within the obese range.
obesity is further subdivided into categories:
- Class 1 obesity: BMI of 30 to < 35
- Class 2 obesity: BMI of 35 to < 40
- Class 3 or morbid obesity: BMI of 40 or higher
Proven options for weight loss in NYC
Although there are many fad diets, and over 20,000 books written on the topic, there are only about 5 things that are proven for weight loss
obesity is treated using one or more of these strategies: a diet low in calories increased physical activity together with a low calorie diet behavior therapy prescription medications weight-loss surgery
Insurance coverage for weight loss NYC
Did you know that most insurances do cover weight loss doctor visits and any tests?
Cost of a weight loss program in NYC
At W8MD’s physician weight loss program in Manhattan and Brooklyn, we accept most insurances for visits with a program fee on top of insurance of just $50.00 biweekly. There is no extra cost for any weight loss medications dispensed in office as they are complementary.
Why use our weight loss program in Manhattan
- We accept most insurances for visits
- Minimal program fee of just $50.00 biweekly on top of insurance
- Two convenient locations in NYC in Brooklyn and Manhattan
- Convenient evening and weekend hours
- Amazing success stories
- Experience weight loss doctors for losing weight in NYC
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medspa
2632 E 21st St., Suite L2, Brooklyn, NY, 11235
W8MD’s Manhattan office is closed due to the pandemic but offers telemedicine option.