Sleep disorders and weight gain
Is sleep a passive state and waste of time or is it a state our body and mild regenerates?
Although some people might consider sleep to be a “passive” activity, the importance of having sufficient sleep is increasingly being recognized as an essential aspect of health promotion and chronic disease prevention especially when it comes obesity.
What medical problems are related to insufficient sleep?
Inadequate sleep is associated with a number of chronic diseases and conditions including obesity, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, and depression.
Are Americans chronically sleep deprived?
According to the studies, more than one-quarter of the U.S. population report occasionally not getting enough sleep, while nearly 10% experience chronic insomnia.
What is the relationship between sleep and weight gain?
It is believed that sleep disorders, especially sleep apnea, and metabolic disorders such as metabolic syndrome. diabetes and obesity are bidirectionally related meaning lack of proper amount of sleep due to sleep apnea or otherwise can lead to weight gain and weight gain in turn leads to increased risk of sleep disorders such as sleep apnea.
How can Sleep Medical Associates sleep and W8MD Medical Weight Loss Center in New York City help?
Realizing the bidirectional connection between sleep disorders and weight gain, our physicians are dual trained in managing both sleep disorders and metabolic disorders including obesity with state of the art sleep lab attached to the *weight loss center.
List of our sleep and obesity services in New York City
We offer comprehensive management of any of the sleep disorders including
- Insomnia Management Services in New YorkHypersomnia including Narcolepsy diagnosis and treatment service in NYCChildren Bedwetting management services n NYC
- Bruxism diagnosis and treatment in New York
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea diagnosis and treatment services in NYCDelayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (DSPS) and Advanced Sleep Phase Syndrome (ASPS) management services in New York
- Night Terror and other Parasomnias such as sleep walking, sleep talking etc.Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) management services in New York
If you suspect you may have one or more of the sleep disorders in NYC, you do you know if you should seek out the expertise of a sleep disorder doctor.
What is a Sleep Study
A sleep study determines if you may be at risk for any of the many different sleep disorders and involves attaching a few leads to the head and body to determine if you have any sleep disturbance.
Our sleep and weight loss physicians
The medical director of Sleep Medical Associates sleep and W8M Medical Weight Loss program is Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, a board certified internal medicine, sleep and obesity medicine physician with a fellowship training in the emerging field of Obesity Medicine.
W8MD’s New York City’s sleep and weight loss center offers the following
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea diagnosis and treatment
- Snoring management
- Restless Legs Syndrome diagnosis and treatment
- Insomnia consultation with a sleep doctor
- Hypersomnia consulation with a sleep physician
- Narcolepsy diagnosis and treatment
We also address the following sleep disorders
- Central Sleep Apnea
- Circadian Rhythm Disorders
- Sleep Walking
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Periodic Limb Movements of Sleep
- Pediatric Sleep Disorders
Our state of the art sleep lab in Brooklyn, New York can the the following
- Polysomnography with Full EEG
- Home Sleep Testing
- Multiple Sleep Latency Testing
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Testing
- CPAP and BPAP
- Adaptive Servo-Ventilation
- Average Volume Assured Pressure Support
- Light Treatment
- Durable Medical Equipment (CPAP, APAP, BPAP, BPAP S/T, ASV, AVAPS)
Learn more abou our weight loss and sleep medicine physician
Reviews of our New York City sleep and weight loss center
“Wonderful doctor. Speaks to me with respect and great knowledge on weight loss. Fabulous results after 2 months, I’ve lost 30 pounds. Highly recommend.” – Mike B.* Individual Results May Vary! (on Yelp)“Dr. Tumpati takes his time with you to explain everything, very thorough” – Carolann Z. * Individual Results May Vary!
You Tube video on how sleep disorders lead to weight gain and weight gain leads to sleep problems
Related links and articles
THINK W8MD FOR WEIGHT LOSS IN NYC! CALL 718-946-5500 TO LEARN MORE!
Related articles – NYC Medical Weight Loss NYC
- VLCD Diet for weight loss in NYC
- Insurance for losing weight in New York City
- Locations for losing weight in NYC
- 8 Amazing weeks of weight loss
Lose weight with insurance...
State of the art Sleep Medicine services…
We offer comprehensive medical aesthetics and medical spa...
Improve your nutrition with IM booster shots and IV nutrition...
|Localized fat reduction and skin tightening...||IPL photofacials with laser resurFX...|
Microdermal abrasion with oxygen super facials...
Get younger looking face with RF >Microneedling…