Insulin resistance is a condition during which the body’s cells don’t use hormone called insulin properly. this hormone helps cells use glucose for energy.
• Insulin resistance increases the danger of developing prediabetes, can lead to other problems such as stroke, and cardiovascular disease.
• Prediabetes or metabolic syndrome is a condition wherein glucose levels are over normal but not high enough for a designation of polygenic disease.
• Causes of insulin hormone resistance and prediabetes are many and include the current high glycemic diet that triggers production of high levels of insulin, genetic factors, excess weight, and lack of physical activity.
Metabolic syndrome is a cluster of any 3 of the subsequent conditions:
- waist size of forty inches plus for men and thirty five inches plus for ladies
- triglyceride levels of one hundred fifty milligrams per metric capacity unit (mg/dL) or more, or taking medication for elevated lipid levels
- HDL, or “good,” sterol level below forty mg/dL for men and below fifty mg/dL for ladies, or taking medication for low high-density lipoprotein levels
- blood pressure levels of 130/85 or higher, or taking medication for elevated BP
- fasting blood sugar levels of one hundred mg/dL plus, or taking medication for elevated blood sugar levels
If you have belly fat, skin tags in the neck, or darker or thicker lines in the neck called Acanthosis Nigricans, you might be insulin resistant.
• What is Acanthosis Nigricans – velvety, mossy, flat, wart-like darkened skin on your neck or armpits or underneath your breasts?
What can be done to reduce risk of diabetes?
• Being physically active, creating wise food decisions, especially low glycemic, protein based diets, and reaching and maintaining a healthy weight can help forestall or reverse hormone resistance and prediabetes.
How can W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America’s Prediabetes/Metabolic Medicine weight loss program help?
W8MD Medical Weight Loss Program could be a medical weight loss and sleep well-being program for those that are serious about losing weight and have failed other measures. We would like to provide you all the tools you would like to reach losing weight quickly and safe with offices in many nations within the us. we have a tendency to additionally supply a reasonable telemedicine program for those who don’t have W8MD center close to them thus you’ll be able to be evaluated by one among our physicians to know the advanced factors that result in weight gain and to plan a non-surgical strategy to assist you fight blubber.
Our weight loss group has helped patients accomplish their goals by employing a clinically proven evidence based four-step methodology for safe weight loss:
- a physician-supervised diet and weight loss medication,
- a in person structured and administered exercise program,
- comprehensive psychotherapy, and
- ongoing weight maintenance support.
We can assist you accomplish long lasting weight loss while not feeling perpetually hungry. once you resent your weight loss program as a result of you’re feeling perpetually hungry, it’s rather more tough to continue any important long term changes for weight loss. once you feel hungry, you’re biologically driven to eat, and diet plans that force you to fight that biological impulse will be tough to take care of. At W8MD Medical Weight Loss Program, we would like to assist you accomplish lasting weight loss results for long term weight loss success.
W8MD Medical Weight Loss Program is devoted to personalized treatment plan that works for you. As one of the very medical weight loss centers to accept health insurance for the weight loss physician visits, we can help you lose weight fast and safe. Your insurance might cover the cost of the weight loss physician visits, thanks to the Affordable Care Act that mandates insurance coverage for obesity. Our non-surgical medical weight loss program relies on the newest medical science and utilizes evidence based strategies to slim down and keep the weight off for a long duration.
Dr. Prab R. Tumpati is an extremely trained and revered medical doctor familiar with the new obesity medicine drugs, including Qsymia (Phentermine, Topiramate), Belviq, and traditional weight loss medications including Phentermine (adipex), Phendimetrazine (Bontril), Attenuate and others. Dr Tumpati is also board certified in Sleep Disorder management such as sleep apnea as weight gain and sleep apnea go together.
Dr. Tumpati oversees all our patients and helps customise their individual weight loss treatments. You can learn more on our main web site at http://www.w8md.com or call us at 1(800) W8MD-007. We have Weight loss and sleep clinics in North East Philadelphia, King of Prussia, PA and New York City.
- before and after weight loss pictures New York City (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)