Up to about half of all New Yorkers are either overweight or obese according to the statistics. If you are one of the millions of New Yorkers trying to slim down, do not know what really works and what does not with so much confusing information, and over 20,000 books written on the topic, you may want to consider the popular W8MD medical weight loss centers of America’s insurance physician *weight loss program for losing weight in New York City.
Epidemic of Obesity in New York City
In New York City just like rest of the country, obesity is an epidemic: more than half of adult New Yorkers are overweight (34%) or obese (22%). Combined together, obesity and overweight status affect a total of 51% of New Yorkers need to consider losing weight.
Obesity affecting even our children
It is important to realize that obesity begins early in life – according to the statistics, nearly half of all elementary school children and Head Start children are not a healthy weight. Also, 1 in 5 kindergarten students, and 1 in 4 Head Start children, is obese in the big apple city of New York.
Health risks of obesity in New York
Obesity increases the risk of over 50 medical problems including diabetes heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, arthritis, sleep apnea and cancer.
- So, how does one lose weight in New York?
- Is it just working out more and eating less?
- If it is as simple as eat less, exercise more, then why is it that over half the population are dealing with obesity or being overweight?
- How about the studies that show exercise is more maintenance of the weight as exercise stimulates appetite, and builds muscle tissue thereby negating weight loss?
- How about the weight loss medications to curb appetite? Do they work?
- Where can I get more information on the best way to lose weight for me in New York?
- Does my insurance cover for the weight loss physician visits
- Learn about how the unique W8MD medical weight loss centers of America’s insurance physician weight loss programs in New York City can help!
Why exercise alone is useless for losing weight in New York City?
Despite the popular belief, studies have shown that exercise alone is not very useful losing weight as exercise stimulates appetite.
Does low fat or low carb work better for losing weight in New York?
How to lose weight quickly in NYC?
My appt with Dr Tumpati was great he asked me questions about the problems that I’ve been having and after I answered him we discussed it. He was very professional but very down to earth as well. I will definitely be seeing him in the future. And his secratery/nurse Laura has been excellent as well there was a problem getting a medication filled it had to be pre authorized and she made many phone calls to make sure that I was able to get the medication filled!!! So my overall experience at this office was excellent!!!!
Talk about a doctor who cares about his clients.talk about a environment that you can feel comfortable yet professional at the same time. Talk about a doctor who is down to earth and brilliant, talking about dr.prab r.tumpati. Staff is nice and location is easy. I highly recommend.
December 5, 2013 by Margaret B. (Verified Patient)
It was my first visit and I was very impressed. He took a lot of time with me and was very thorough.
Dr. Tumpati and staff were very courteous. The doctor took time to explain my condition, the methods to treat it, and his recommendation for treatment in my particular case. I was not rushed in and out in 5 minutes as with many other doctors. I would recommend Dr. Tumpati to others.
Related weight loss articles for losing weight in New York City
- 52 weeks of weight loss & wellness youtube channel
- Mistakes to avoid for losing weight in New York City
- Media weight loss articles
What is wrong with our diet?
Insurance coverage for losing weight in New York City
Science of weight loss
How can W8MD help me lose weight?