As the obesity epidemic continues to affect about 35% of all US adults with another 35 percent being in the overweight category, more and more Americans are looking for ways to lose weight. New York City has over 55% of its adult population being overweight or obese, according to the statistics!
If you live in New York City and looking for ways lose weight fast and safe, you may want to read this.
W8MD’s 8 things to do for fast and safe weight loss in New York City!
Start with a knowing where you are with a body mass index calculator, a measuring tape, a copy of the last blood work, if have any and understand where you stand.
NYC weight loss step 1.
Check your BMI using an online BMI calculator. Go to http://www.w8md.com and find the BMI calculator on the right side of the page, put in your information, and find out your BMI.
Weight loss step 2.
2. Get a measuring tape and measure your waist circumference in the most prominent part of the belly. Also measure the hip circumference. If you are male and have a waist of over 40 inches in the most prominent part, if you are a female and have a waist of over 36 inches, you may have underlying insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome that may be causing your weight gain, especially in the belly and upper part of the body. (For Asians, the threshold is 35 inches for men and 31 inches for women)
NYC weight loss step 3.
Check if you meet the criteria for metabolic syndrome. Go to http://w8md.com/w8d-healthy-living/w8md-metabolic-syndrome-meter and see if you meet the criteria for metabolic syndrome.
Weight loss step 4.
Find a weight loss program that accepts health insurance (if you have health insurance)
New York City weight loss step 5.
Consult with an Obesity Medicine Trained Physician knowledgeable about metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, and other causes for weigth gain and can help you lose weight safely and effectively using evidence based methods
Weight loss step 6.
Start a Low Calorie or Very Low Calorie Diet Plan that cuts you calories by about 500-1000 calories a day so you can lose about 1-2 pounds a week
NYC Weight loss step 7.
Start walking or other low to moderate intensivity exercise program. Understand that exercise alone is useless for weigth loss but in combination with a reduced calorie diet, it helps.
Weight loss step 8.
Start a behavior change plan to help you stay on track with your goals.
How can W8MD Medical Weight Loss Program in New York City help?
W8MD’s unique insurance medical weight loss program has helped thousands of patients lose weight under medical supervision in NYC and can help you also!
Limited Acceptance for Insurance Medical Weight Loss
Due to popular demand for the insurance weight loss program, we can only accept limited number of patients for weight loss with insurance in our New York City Weight Loss or Greater Philadelphia medical weight loss offices.
Related searches: Quick weight loss
Related articles for losing weight fast in New York City
- 12 ways to lose weight fast in NYC
- Losing weight with insurance in New York City
- Locations for losing weight in NYC
- 8 Amazing weeks of weight loss New York City
- How to lose fat weight fast nyc (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- Healthy weight loss (nycmedicalweightloss.com)
- Medicare coverage for weight loss (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- What is body mass index (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- Best weight loss program NYC (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)