Although New York City is considered relatively leaner city compared to some of the other cities in the US, the big apple has its share of people suffering from being overweight in NYC.
Phentermine is an appetite suppressant prescription only weight loss medication used t0 help speed weight loss in overweight or obese people.
What class of medications is Phentermine?
Phentermine is in a class of medications called anorectics or appetite suppressants.
How does Phentermine / Adipex P work for weight loss in NYC?
As the name suggest, Phentermine works by decreasing appetite.
Depending on the dose, and which manufacturer, the popular diet pill Phentermine can be either a tablet or a capsule for weight loss.
How often do you take Phentermine for weight loss in New York?
Phentermine can be taken as a single daily dose in the morning or three times a day 30 minutes before meals.
How often to take Phentermine for weight loss in New York City?
Most people take phentermine for a few months although the length of treatment depends on how you respond to the medication.
For the most part, Adipex P or Phentermine is used for reducing hunger, and increasing fat burning to help with weight loss in NYC.
- Make sure you inform your doctor on all your current medications including prescription and nonprescription medications, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take.
- Caution is advised while taking Phentermine with the following medications: fluoxetine (Prozac), fluvoxamine (Luvox), guanethidine, insulin medications for weight loss and depression, paroxetine (Paxil), and sertraline (Zoloft), monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar) and tranylcypromine (Parnate), or if you have stopped taking one of these medications in the past 2 weeks.
- Medical conditions you need to inform your weight loss doctor about while considering Phentermine for weight loss include, but are not limited to the following: heart disease, high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis (narrowing of the arteries), hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland), diabetes, glaucoma, or a history of drug abuse.
Contra-indications for taking Phentermine for weight loss
- Pregnancy, or are breast-feeding.
Caution with advanced age while taking Phentermine.
- While taking phentermine, reduce or stop use of alcohol as it can make the side effects of phentermine worse.
- if you have diabetes, you may need to decrease your dose of insulin while taking phentermine.
Follow the diet and exercise program your doctor has given you. Phentermine works best in combination with a diet program.
As long as it is not too late in the day like evening or night, you can take the missed dose of Phentermine until afternoon.
What side effects can Adipex P cause?
Phentermine can cause any of the following:
- dry mouth
- unpleasant taste
Serious side effects of Phentermine:
- increased blood pressure
- heart palpitations
- shortness of breath
- chest pain
- swelling of the legs and ankles
- difficulty doing exercise that you have been able to do
What should I know about storage and disposal of Phentermine?
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children.
What temperature should Phentermine be stored?
Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom).
In case of overdose, call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222.
If the victim has collapsed or is not breathing, call local emergency services at 911.
Do not let anyone else take your medication as Phenteramine is a controlled substance.
Keeping list of all medications you take is important!
It is important for you to keep a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription (over-the-counter) medicines you are taking, as well as any products such as vitamins, minerals, or other dietary supplements whenever you see your weight loss doctor.
How big is the problem of obesity / overweight status in nyc?
According to the statistics, about one in two adults in NYC are either overweight or obese. However, if you look at the individual boroughs, Bronx has the highest share of those that are overweight or obese while Manhattan is the leanest borough!
In New York City, obesity is epidemic: percent of people in New York City who are overweight (34%) or obese (22%), with those that are either overweight or obese at 56% of the population!
What are the risks of being overweight in New York City?
People who are overweight are at increased risk for diabetes heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, arthritis, and cancer.
Why is it hard to lose weight in New York City?
For many, losing weight is a losing battle as they cannot control their food cravings, especially for starchy foods!
What is causing weight gain in NYC?
According to Dr Prab R Tumpati, MD, a leading obesity medicine weight loss doctor in New York City and founder of W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers, one of the major reasons people are having difficultly controlling hunger is the underlying metabolic state that is causing them to gain the weight to begin with called insulin resistance that not only makes people crave starchy foods but also causes overeating leading weight gain.
Appetite suppressants or diet pills can help!
For many people in nyc, using a medication such as Adipex – P (Phentermine) to suppress hunger, reduce cravings and increase metabolism is an option in addition to a reduced calorie diet and increased physical activity so they can lose weight!
As one of the most common appetite suppressants or diet pills prescribed by weight loss doctors, Phentermine remains one of the most popular prescription weight loss medications for people trying to lose weight in New York City!
Cost of Adipex – P or Phentermine in New York City
Although most weight loss doctors in New York City charge an arm and length for weight loss, at W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America, we accept most health insurances for the visits and the biweekly program cost of $50.00 includes up to two medications for appetite suppression such as Adipex P (Phentermine), Topiramate to help reduce food cravings!
Some important questions to consider before taking Adipex or Phentermine diet pill for Appetite suppression and weight loss in New York City:
* What is Phentermine?
* Who can take Phnetermine?
* What dose does Phentermine come?
* How often do I take Phentermine?
* How long is Phentrrmime prescribed?
* Where can I find a doctor that will describe Phentermine for me in nyc?
* What is the cost of Phentermine?
* What are the side effects of Adipex?
* How is Phentermine taken?
* Who manufactures Adipex?
* Is Adipex effective in helping reduce humger and cravings?
* How about food cravings?
* Is Phentermine safe to take for me?
* What is the best starting dose for Phentermine?
* How does Phentermine look like?
* What is the cost of Phentemine Adipex P in nyc?
* Is Adipex the best initial weight loss prescription medication prescribed by doctors?
* What precautions should be taken while taking Adipex?
* What type of doctors are experienced in Adipex?
* Which cities have W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America’s weight loss clinics where Adipex might be prescribed when medically appropriate?
* What is the cheapest way to get Phenteemine prescribed for losing weight in nyc?
* Does Phentermine help me burn fat?
Can Phentermine be taken together with other medications?
What about the combination of Phentermine and Topiramate like in Qsymia?
For many New Yorkers, W8MD’s unique insurance physician weight loss program remains the only affordable and cheapest way to lose weight in nyc under careful medical supervision!
New weight loss medications approved including the following
- Contrave (Bupropion and Naltrexone) – Brand new weight loss medication
- The latest weight loss drug FDA approved in December of 2014, Saxenda
- Phentermine and Topiramate (Qsymia) – One of the most effective diet pill (Phentermine and Topiramate is one of the most popular and most effective weight loss medications) for fast weight loss in nyc!
Lorcaserin (Belviq) – New weight loss medication FDA approved in June of 2012.
Traditional diet pills
- Phentermine (Adipex)
- Topiramate (Topamax) sometimes combined with Phentermine for best results
- Phendimetrazine (Bontril)
- Diethylpropion (Tenuate)
- Xenical and others
New York City’s W8MD Weight Loss Doctor
W8MD’s NYC medical weight loss clinic & Sleep Clinic at Sleep Medical Associates, PLLC
2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214.
Our farthest weight loss patient comes from Dallas, Texas!
Weight loss success stories New York City
FANTASTIC program! Truly a life changer! The first several months I lost on average 3 pounds a week. I have now lost 87 pounds in 10 months and I’m still losing! I can say it feels almost effortless, for with the elimination of most carbs plus the medication I have ZERO cravings and minimal hunger.
My cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar have all returned to normal having previously been considerably elevated. I look and feel twenty years younger (I am 57.) Staff is friendly and supportive, and the science works.
I did not think that I would be able to achieve such results, and certainly not in less than a year. I am amazed at my success, and I could not have done it without Dr. Tumpati and W8MD.
– D. M.*
Think W8MD for W8loss in New York City!