- Introduction to
Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
in Women in New York City
The women in New York City are very busy and they do not have the time for a nagging, and often very annoying problem called PCOS. Unfortunately, their primary care doctor or Ob/Gyn doctors often cannot help much other than telling to lose weight or through a Metformin pill at them which does not help much. What truly is PCOS, what causes it, how can we reverse it from the root cause of the problem rather than put a band aid on it?
What is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)?
Also called PCOS, it is a hormone problem caused by the same thing that causes you to gain weight gain begin with called insulin resistance.
What are the symptoms of PCOS?
irregular periods, excess facial and body hair growth, and fertility problems once girls reach adulthood.
Who gets PCOS in NYC?
It is common problem and most women that have it do not know that they do. Many also have subclinical stage of PCOS where symptoms may not be obvious or subtle. The underlying issue that causes PCOS, insulin resistance, is so common that up to two thirds have it to some degree and one third have it to a full degree that they have prediabetes or metabolic syndrome.
- When it comes to diagnosed PCOS, Somewhere in the range of 5% and 10% of ladies somewhere in the range of 15 and 44, or during the years you can have children, have PCOS.
- Most ladies discover they have PCOS in their 20s and 30s, when they have issues getting pregnant and see their primary care physician. Be that as it may, PCOS can occur at any age after puberty.
- Ladies of all races, walks of life and ethnicities are in danger of PCOS.
- Your danger of PCOS might be higher in the event that you have corpulence or on the off chance that you have a mother, sister, or auntie with PCOS.
What are the clinical manifestations of PCOS in New York City?
- Unpredictable menstrual cycle. Ladies with PCOS may miss periods or have less periods (less than eight out of a year). Or on the other hand, their periods may come at regular intervals or all the more frequently. A few ladies with PCOS quit having menstrual periods.
- An excessive amount of hair on the face, jawline, or parts of the body where men as a rule have hair. This is classified “hirsutism.” Hirsutism influences up to 70% of ladies with PCOS.
- Skin inflammation on the face, chest, and upper back
- Diminishing hair or male pattern baldness on the scalp; male-design hairlessness
- Weight put on or trouble shedding pounds
- Obscuring of skin, especially along neck wrinkles, in the crotch, and underneath bosoms
- Skin labels, which are little overabundance folds of skin in the armpits or neck territory
What causes PCOS in women in New York City?
The uderlying cause of PCOS is insulin resistance which also causes weight gain.
What are the risks of PCOS?
- You can have irregular periods
- Menstrual cramps
- Excess hair growth
- Risk of prediabetes and diabetes
- Excess weight gain
- Mood disorders
- Difficulty losing weight
I know or suspect I have PCOS. How can W8MD help?
Although most physicians have nothing to offer other than Metformin which only helps by about 5-10% of the time, and to tell you to lose weight without giving you anything concrete, at W8MD, we understand what truly causes the problem and how to reverse it – it is called insulin resistance syndrome and once you reverse it, you reverse PCOS and even cure it. Give us a call today.
What have you got to lose besides your weight and reduced risk of PCOS and other related health problems. We accept most insurances and have many locations serving greater New York City, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania with more coming soon.