Although New City is relatively lean compared to some of the other cities in the United States, it still have over half the population being overweight or obese, according to the statistics.
Lose Weight New York City
The obesity epidemic affects the minorities such as the Hispanics and African Americans to a significantly higher degree compared to Caucasians.
How big is the problem of obesity in New York City?
obesity is one of our most important and urgent health problems faced by people in York City –just like the rest of the country. In New York City, 55 percent of adults are overweight or obese.
- BRONX has an obesity and overweight rate of 62.7%
- KINGS county (Brooklyn) has an obesity and overweight rate of 58.6%
- Manhattan, New York has an obesity and overweight rate of 42.3 %
- QUEENS county in New York has an obesity or overweight rate of 57.6%
- RICHMOND county (Staten Island) has an obesity and overweight rate of 57.7%